CYPE Connect can import the geometry and loads of the connections from a CYPE 3D or CYPECAD model shared in BIMserver.center. If no loads appear in the connections in CYPE Connect, this may be due to the following reasons:
- Check that the latest version of the software is installed, if possible.
- The CYPECAD or CYPE 3D job is not linked to a BIMserver.center project.
- The CYPECAD or CYPE 3D job has not been analysed.
- The “Export forces to design connections” option was not checked when shared in BIMserver.center from CYPE 3D or CYPECAD.
- The “.mar3du” file (generated when exporting in the C:\bim_projects\user\project\Structure folder) is being blocked or deleted by the anti-virus.
- The loads are very small and do not exceed the minimum values established in the process of generating loads and load cases from the BIM model in CYPE Connect.
- In CYPE Connect, the geometric configuration of the bars in the connection has been modified, causing a loss of forces. The program assumes that there is no longer equilibrium in the node when editing and moving or rotating some of the bars in the connection, exceeding the permitted tolerances. Therefore, the correct thing to do is to carry out this operation in the original model in CYPE 3D or CYPECAD and perform the export again; otherwise, the imported forces will not be valid.
- If the worst-case scenario occurs, open a new CYPE Connect job and link it to the BIMserver.center project after reviewing all of the above steps.
- If the above steps do not solve the problem, send the CYPE 3D or CYPECAD and CYPE Connect jobs to CYPE Technical Support.