This tutorial will explain the steps for registering, downloading and installing BIMserver.center applications.
- Register on BIMserver.center
- Logging in to BIMserver.center
- Downloading BIMserver.center applications
- Installing BIMserver.center applications
- Additional information
1. Register on BIMserver.center
First of all, users must register on the platform. To do this, they must proceed as described below:
- Access BIMserver.center from the web browser.
- Click on the “Register here” button in the top right-hand corner.
- Type in a “Name”, “E-mail” and a “Password”. Then, click on “Register”.
- Then, accept the email verification that is sent to the email address.
2. Logging in to BIMserver.center
Once registered, users must log in to BIMserver.center with their account as follows:
- Return to BIMserver.center via the web browser.
- Click on “Login” in the top right-hand corner.
- Type in the their account’s “E-mail” and “Password” and click on “Access now”.
3. Downloading BIMserver.center applications
The desired application can be searched for and downloaded from BIMserver.center:
- The application catalogue can be accessed via the “Store” option.
- The top section allows applications to be searched by name, category or tags. Users simply select the applications to download and install them.
- Under the application’s profile is “Download” in the top right-hand corner. By clicking on it, an executable file will be downloaded to the configured path.
4. Installing BIMserver.center applications
The previously downloaded file allows the application to be downloaded and installed in its entirety. To do this, users must:
- Run the downloaded file in their download path.
- Select the installation language from those available.
- The path where the entire application will be downloaded will be displayed. Users can check “Install automatically after downloading” if desired and click on “Begin download“.
- If “Install automatically after downloading” has been checked, the installation wizard will be launched automatically. If not, the installer will need to be searched for and opened in the specified path in the desired language, e.g. C:\CYPE Ingenieros\Download version 2022.b\cype_architecture\Installation in English
- In the installation wizard, the License Contract and the Responsibility Clause must be accepted.
- Select the desired unit for the installation. This will determine the program installation path. For example, the installation path for CYPE Architecture 2022 is as follows: C:\CYPE Ingenieros Version 2022 CYPE Architecture
- The checkboxes for creating shortcuts in the desktop and the Programs menu can be checked if desired.
- “Install BIMserver.center synchroniser” must be activated if this program is not installed on the computer. This program is necessary for the proper functioning of most of the BIMserver.center applications.
- Lastly, click on “Finish”.
- Once the installation is complete, the BIMserver.center application and synchroniser will open automatically. The shortcuts created in the installation process can also be used to open them.
5. Additional information
Before starting work, the following should be confirmed:
- Log into the BIMserver.center syncroniser with an account:
- As of version 2022.e and 1.10.0 of BIMserver.center Sync, when logging into the BIMserver.center account within the CYPE application linked to the platform, users are automatically logged in to BIMserver.center Sync.
- For versions prior to 2022.e of the applications and 1.10.0 of BIMserver.center Sync, users must log in to both the applications and the synchroniser. To do this, if the program is running, its icon will appear in the notification area on the right-hand side of the Windows taskbar. When selecting it, simply click on “Add BIMserver.center account” and enter the user’s email address and password for the account.
- When opening the program, a button with the BIMserver.center user name appears on the right-hand side of the title bar. If the user is logged out, simply click on “Connect” and enter the “E-mail” and “Password” in the pop-up window.
- For those with a professional CYPE license, there are two possible options:
- As of version 2022.e, CYPE programs downloaded from the BIMserver.center platform will detect the permissions of the connected user’s license (local physical key, network physical key or electronic key) in the same way as any other CYPE program, as well as detecting the permissions acquired through the BIMserver.center “Store”, in the same way as any other CYPE program. Therefore, it is not necessary to save the license beforehand as was the case in previous versions.
- To work with licenses from previous versions, users must save the permissions acquired in the BIMserver.center account. To do this, from the CYPE start menu, click on the license number and then on “Store the licence in BIMserver.center“. The license permissions will be incorporated into the account currently open in BIMserver.center Sync.
- When using nonfree software that requires permissions not included in the license and that is also a professional project for which users will have to acquire the license allowing them to use all modules in the program, this must be specified in the configuration of the linked project in BIMserver.center. In the case of an educational project, the complete program can be used for academic purposes, and if it is an evaluation project, the program can be tested.